Keeping track of your favorite TV show torrents can be hard but TVShows aims to make it as easy as possible by automatically tracking and downloading your favorite TV show torrents. Note however that TVShows will not download the actual episode for you - only the torrent files that are needed since it is not a BitTorrent client.
TVShows can however be configured to automatically open your preferred BitTorrent client to download the files with. The advantage of this is that you neither need to manually search or download torrent files or find a working RSS feed for each show. TVShow is a preference pane app that allows you to simply select your subscriptions and set your preferences. TVShows then uses a lightweight background process which automatically launches at a customized interval to check for new episodes. You can choose your preferred quality settings (Normal, High or Very High) and TVShows will download the closest one available. Te latest version will even download HD torrents. However, we found that getting TVShows to work properly wasn't easy. It failed to retrieve any torrent files after searching and this latest version gave the impression of still being a work in progress.
- Synchronization with Miso. Please enter your credentials and allow TVShowsHelper access to them twice.
- Subscriptions can be synchronized with Miso followed shows.
- Checkins can be generated when an episode is downloaded, and if you mark an episode as seen in the web it will not be downloaded.
- Even if you don't plan to use Miso, it can be used for making backups, syncing between several Mac, remote adding/removal of shows, avoiding to download seen episodes, adding a upcoming show before it is aired/available in the TVShows list, etc...
- If you want to sync with several computers, remember that you can always disable the download of new episodes without deleting it.
- Torrent URLs are consolidated between sources, so if a torrent file is corrupted in one source, another source could be used.
- Option to choose between the S01E01 format and the 1x01 format (this is only a cosmetic change for now).
- Option to sort episodes also by season (inside of the show folder).
- Revamped interface for the subscriptions list. Including filter bar with search for subscriptions.
- In manual downloads, if an HD episode is not available, it asks to download the SD version. This alert can be hidden and the option will be remembered.
- Checker timer now takes into account the sleeping time, and when the computer is awaked, it gets reprogrammed and, if needed, it is triggered immediately.
- In the Growl notification for episode downloads it shows the cover of the show.
- When a torrent is downloaded, it is checked to see if it is a valid torrent file.
- Anything can be downloaded, even if it doesn't have an episodic name.
- Custom RSS now accepts empty feeds.
- Updated localizations.
- Severe bug with PPC that forbid to discover any episode.
- Torrents from BT-Chat were not downloaded properly.
- When an episode was selected in the episode list, the download could not be initiated.
- Collisions in Core Data between the prefpane and the helper may led to data loses.
- Some translations did not appear.
- Fixed some crashes and improved the general stability of the application, including more background tasks to alleviate the interface thread.